Matt Adams Runs For The Animals
If I had to list out the things I am passionate about in life, running and dogs would be right near the top, and I've spent countless hours on both! From my first dog Nugget, my years volunteering with MaxFund Animal Shelter as their volunteer coordinator (amongst a few other roles), my dogs Maggie and Roxy, and volunteering with Colorado Greyhound Adoption fostering and subfostering several retired greyhounds, the love animals have to share has certainly had an impact on my life, and I know it has had an impact on the lives others as well.
I've run a half-dozen full marathons and a few dozen half-marathons, and I'm currently working on running an event in all 50 states (though I still have 38 states to go!). Since I started running long distances, the New York Marathon has been on my list and I've tried for several years unsuccessfully to get in. This being the 50th anniversary of the race, the stars aligned and I was able to get and I'm looking forward to it and working hard to train for it!
As with many of my previous fundraisers, I appreciate and any all donations, and there are things I’m willing to do for extra donations if you would like, including:
· Oil changes for your car. You buy the oil, I’ll do the labor by donation and even teach you how to do it if you’d like. Contact me if you are interested.
· Basic car maintenance and repairs stuff – brakes, shocks, struts, wiper blades, headlight bulbs, etc. You buy the parts, I’ll install with labor by donation.
· Salt and vinegar goldfish crackers – my specialty, and I can ship them!
· Tall person needs – cleaning the top of your fridge, helping change lightbulbs, changing batteries in smoke detectors… these are things I’m good at and happy to do to help if I can!
· 100% of my uber/lyft tips will be donated to ASPCA, and all my uber/lyft profits (fare received after vehicle expenses) will be donated to ASPCA as well. (Unfortunately COVID put a temporary end to my uber driving so I wasn't able to utilize this as much for 2020)
· Got some other idea you think I should do to help raise funds? Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
The original plan was that on November 1, 2020, I would be participating in the 2020 TCS New York City Marathon as a member of Team ASPCA! Unfortunately COVID had other plans, and the marathon was cancelled. While this certainly bummed me out, it doesn't get me down entirely! We are told that as long as fundraising minimums are met, we'll still be able to secure spots for future years, though it may be 2021, 2022, or 2023, depending on COVID and a number of other facts, my "spot" will be secure for a future year either way.
I am excited to be participating as a member of Team ASPCA and honored to be raising the awareness and the much needed funding to support the ASPCA's programs. Your donation will help the ASPCA provide life-saving programs and services to millions of animals nationwide. The ASPCA is very important to me and I appreciate your help as we fight to give abused and homeless animals a second chance at life. Please support me by making a donation and help me make a positive impact in the lives of animals! Thank you!
About the ASPCA: Fighting for animals is a 24/7 job, but your commitment makes it possible for our life-saving programs to create happy endings for those innocent lives touched by cruelty. Every single day of the year, we are rescuing animals from neglect and suffering. With your support, we are able to rescue animals from cruelty, work to end animal homelessness and provide medical care for countless pets in need. Please help us save even more animals and donate to this Team ASPCA campaign today. Interested in joining the team? Learn More »
Personal campaign progress
Search for a Team ASPCA Campaign
Select any filter and click on Apply to see results