With the support of farmers, food companies and advocacy organizations (including animal welfare, sustainable agriculture, public health, farm workers), the ASPCA has been spearheading the establishment of the Resilient Farms and Ranches Grant Program in California. This crucial initiative will help California’s farmers and ranchers enhance animal welfare standards and achieve meaningful animal welfare certification. This is great news for farm animals, people, and the planet!
The CA State Legislature is developing the state’s budget for the 2022-23 fiscal year, and your voice is needed to ensure funding is designated to this essential program! Supporting the Resilient Farms and Ranches Grant Program will have a positive impact by:
- Improving the lives of potentially millions of farm animals that will be raised under the more humane and holistic standards of welfare certifications
- Increasing the adoption of more climate-smart practices, including raising animals on pasture
- Giving California farmers and ranchers a head start in meeting animal welfare standards
- Expanding access to local, higher-welfare food, including in public institutions
- Positioning California as a leader in the movement toward more humane, welfare-certified farming systems
What You Can Do
Use our easy form below to send an email to your state representatives, urging them to include critical funding for the Resilient Farms and Ranches Grant Program in California’s 2022-23 budget.
Thank you for helping to improve the lives of farm animals in your state.